Friday, December 27, 2013

Patiently Waiting

After our busy Christmas I finally have a day at home so thought I would quick write an update on here. A lot of you have been asking what's new and the answer is NOTHING! We are still waiting for a late term mother that would like to place her baby. I've heard that around Thanksgiving and Christmas is the slowest time in the adoption world, because the mothers are not wanting to think about that during the holidays and so it gets pushed off till things settle down a little. We are hoping that is true in our case and now sometime soon there will be some action! When I start writing about it, it always makes me feel guilty that we are sitting over here just chomping at the bit waiting.... for a mother to give up her baby so we can have it! I know I know that is so incorrect language and all the agencies would love to delete that sentence and say, "make an adoption plan" and yada yada, but the truth of it is there has to be a 'loss' for us to have a 'gain'! For some reason that always dampens my spirits a bit in my wishing for it to happen NOW! It seemed so different to me for some reason when we got Pey, his mother had already made the decision and he was in an orphanage and obviously needed a family asap! But now to go this domestic route and deal with the birth mother directly and be involved in her pain and know her story and sense her love for the baby... it's so hard emotionally to deal with that extra aspect of it! :(  Sometimes it looks like the easiest thing to just have one child :) But then I start thinking more realistically and remember how thankful we are that God gave us the opportunity to adopt and how we have been blessed far more than we ever imagined with our first little miracle boy and how worth it it will be in the end! And then some days believe it or not I start feeling so thankful and undeserving of the life we have been given and I wonder how will we ever be able to stop when we have SO much to share?!! I think time and money will stop us long before we are 'done' adopting!! :)
Ok so I realize this got to be some rambling of thoughts :-/
 Just dreaming out loud here.. I'm just hoping that in about 2 weeks we will get matched with a mother due the first of March, and as far as gender.. just depends on which day you ask me :) So.. I'll try and update then :)

4 comments:

  1. waiting patiently with you!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Surely something will open up!!! I hate it that this other one fell thru... Is it called a miscarriage?!?;-) but I'm looking forward to what opens up next for you!!! I just have to look at Peyton and see what an unexpected blessing he was and think surely God has another one waiting for you!!!
    Wishing you the best... From someone who's thankful to be adopted!!!


    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking forward to the exciting news!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Any updates????? Enjoyed reading your blog. We are just beginning the Marshallese adoption process and got so excited when I found your blog!

    ReplyDelete