Monday, September 29, 2014

Day #20

Seems like life here has kinda got into a routine and not a lot of exciting things to report anymore!
Yesterday Had our normal two visits with Kody and he was extra happy and sweet both times:) We invited our Georgia friends over for evening. We are both on the same schedule with visiting hours at orphanage, but they have about a 20 minute bus ride back so gave me a few minutes to come home and stir up some choc. chip m&m cookies (I did find a very small, like 1/2c. of choc. chips in store for $4!) , and some chicken salad made from my last can of chicken from home:( won't someone please email me some more?:) and I had found some red leaf lettuce to put in them. I had picked up some croissant rolls from the pizza restaurant down the street so they made quite a yummy little sandwich if I may say so myself! Called in Geiger's church service and then had snacks plus didn't think we could have Sunday eve snacks without popcorn and pop so added that to the menu yet. Was glad they had come and spent the evening, is good to talk to others in English and broaden our horizons a little!
Today we had a beautiful day! Suppose to be in the 70's tomorrow!! But just that fast gonna get cold, like in the 30's by the end of the week, brrrr.
Took Kody outside on both visits again. I'm quite convinced Kody is truly recognizing us now. He smiles great big as soon as he sees us and shows other signs that he views us as more than just another stranger. Does a mother's heart good! :) He shows his emotions with his feet, when he gets excited or sad he always starts kicking violently HA They always send him out with a paci, but it is so old and gross and dirty that I bought him a new one and tried giving it to him today and he was NOT impressed! Never could get him to take it:( If he doesn't have his paci he will suck his thumb(s) and with our experience with Peyton we are quite determined not to let him get attached to his thumb! I bought a little bigger one today and it's latex like the one he has so we will see if we have any luck with that tomorrow.
After our visit this eve. we took the bus down to a restaurant we had spotted last week. OK so it was in the mall that has my grocery store in it, but this was Bill's idea so I didn't have a choice but to go along and then when we were in the same building just couldn't resist to go down and get a few luxuries, like colby jack cheese:) The restaurant was half Asian and half Italian. Bill had a some sort of beef ribs in a sweet n sour/soy sauce and little rice balls deep fat fried. The rice balls were very good and he said the meat was also. I got Pey lasagna, which was so-so and a skillet dish for me off the Italian menu with chicken, potatoes, tomatoes and black olives and then it had a mayo dipping sauce. I thought it was some of the better food I have had at a restaurant here!
Ran into  Allen & Kristi at the mall, but they were eating at the most Americanized restaurant there:) They don't like to be very adventurous HA BTW if you want to see the little girl they are adopting go to Reece's Rainbow and type in Cox family in the search box and it tells their story.
Talking about looking up children.. I found this the other day on precious.org I think you have to log in to read his description. One of the nannies was out pushing him this afternoon and I stopped and talked to him for a second. It really makes you have mixed feelings about the whole deal! In one way I feel like we took away his chance at a family by turning him down, but I keep thinking surely the right family will still adopt him!!


8 comments:

  1. Awwww wat a lil cutie!!!
    Mayb you shud come home with 2 lil Ukrainians!!! Thanks for posting!! Enjoy each one!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow he's adorable ..... Breaks my heart when I think how much we love Bentley n what if he had no momma n daddy ;-(,, we ll hav to pray that his happily forever after fam comes for him real soon too ..... Soo neat kody us soo happy !!!! I think that must be an extra Lil blessing ;-)) hope everything just moves right along n we ll see ya back here before too long !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. He looks like a sweetheart...makes me even more anxious to meet Kody! You were probly ready for things to slow down and become more normal, or does that just make the time till coming home take that much longer to get here?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. And I enjoy reading EVERY comment!!!!!! :-))

      Delete
    2. Was that a gentle hint for more comments? :) I enjoy your posts too and check often for updates! Hope all continues to go well!

      Delete
  5. I am far from bored reading this!!!! Keep it up! Sounds like you have your brain-wheels going trying to come up with good things to feed the family. Someday you will look back with fond memories to these weeks in Ukraine!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true... we were in Russia five years ago meeting our little guy. Some of the best memories we have!!! Sometimes I'm sad so much time has passed, making the memories a little fainter. Steph... every detail is fascinating. :) Nothing is too boring or normal to write about!

      Delete