Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Court Date!

Irina called today and said we are set to have court this Friday! When she first told us it was a possibility we just kinda expected it to happen, because the team has made everything happen so far that they have tried, but the longer it was taking we started getting a little worried and then we started feeling like it would be quite something if we actually pulled it off so when she called today and said Serge pulled the impossible again we were quite thankful and decided we were taking this team way to much for granted and it isn't normal to get things so quick and easy!!
Both visits with Kody were good today, we're feeling a lot more comfortable with him and he with us! He always gives us big grins when the nannies bring him down:) Told Bill today it will make it even better when we actually have him 24/7 and know his schedule etc. etc. now we don't know anything about his day, if he just woke up, is hungry or what?!
Bought the third paci today hoping third would be a charm, but NOPE spit it out faster than it went in! Was pretty persistence with him today and he would spit and wrinkle up his face and gag and make quite a production of it, but decided it just wasn't going to work! :) Might have to be finding out where the orphanage gets their horrid ones from! Have never seen any like it before, not even here :/
He never shows any emotion to the nannies and now yesterday he had one we have never seen and when she brought him down she gave me a big smile and then after I took Kody she talked to him and pinched his cheeks and he gave her a big grin! It felt like she truly cared! Another brownie point she made was she told me to just carry Kody outside instead of putting him in the 'trolley'. The other nannies all make a big production of putting him in this big stroller that he has to lie down in and cover him all up with this huge blanket etc. etc. #1 he HATES to lie down and for sure when I'm standing there looking at him and he wants to be held, #2 the trolley is hard to maneuver and then we have to go through all these door jams around tight corners through doors, down steps etc. but before when I asked if I could just carry him they looked at me like I lost my mind and emphatically put him in the stroller and made a big deal out of smothering  covering the poor child up. So knowing this nannie  actually 'got it' made my day!:)
There are two ladies in the business office where we always go to tell them we are there. One is an older lady and one is a real young girl, they are both friendly and nice so the other morning I made banana bread and took them some warm out of the oven on our morning visit and it was so worth just for the reaction! The older lady was on the phone and just smiled and mouthed spaciba, but the younger one was out of the office and soon she came and was very dramatic and gave me a big hug and kiss and the whole nine yards and then about five minutes later she came back and went on and on about how she had tried some and it was so good and that was so sweet of me etc. ETC. Felt so good to be thanked in this thankless country! My second 'feel good' experience happened today when I walked down to our medium market for a few groceries and spotted a neat little toy in the window so went inside to see how much it was, couldn't find the price so went in to ask and a lady comes scurrying from the back with a big smile on her face and started talking quite good English. She told me I would really like that toy because it would talk Russian and English:) She asked me where I was from and several more questions and then she said I know your boy and pulled her eyes all squinty for Asian LOL I told her yes that was my boy! :) She told me thanks for coming in her store and nice to meet you!!! WOW It's just amazing how good it feels to feel like your appreciated!
It feels like the the cold weather isn't going to wait till the weekend.. at our visit this eve it was already getting pretty chilly outside and now that the sun has gone down it's right nippy out there.
I'm sad to report my beautiful roses are past there prime already:( Maybe that's the difference in $10 versus $70 or whatever they are in the states, guess i've never bought a dozen roses HA but am quite sure there more than $10!
FYI all meals turned out better than just edible today :) Pizza, veggies and dip for dinner, chicken pot pie over biscuits and apple salad for supper. I'm very sad that my clothes are getting tight while here :((( This food is NEAR good enough to be worth gaining weight over!! I think that is the problem you never quite feel satisfied and so you end up eating all the time :((( I've heard mothers complain about their figure after they've had a baby and then they always tack on the end while looking all starry eyed into their newborns face, but you are so worth every extra pound!! You think I can borrow that excuse? ;-)
Better quit before I give you any more TMI!


6 comments:

  1. I love it!! Isn't it fun to copy these moms of newborns:) When i was in a store with second son days after he was born a lady remarked she couldn't believe my "figure" with such a newborn!! HA! Glad for your day brighteners!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray for that court date! And LOL about the "mom" figure. Yeah, you can jolly well use that excuse. What do you expect in your "9th month of pregnancy"!?? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This update totally made my day! I even had to go back & read it twice to be sure I hadn't missed anything! Praying that things continue to go smoothly :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's awesome!! Not the mom figure, the court date:)!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad to hear about the court date being Friday!!! A funny thing after Cambriah was born we went to Fountain Run to be with friends there until we could go home and one day friends & I went shopping for fabric. Lady in their came to see my baby and she looked at Cambriah and then at me and she says, my you look great for just having a baby! LOL! And i said Thanks i feel great too!!! The girls ducked down between the rows of fabric dying with laughter!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad about the court date. Go ahead and use the 'new mom' excuse for your figure!!......or maybe it's time to go on the good ol' Roch diet?!?!

    ReplyDelete