Monday, October 20, 2014

To the bottom of despair and back

Oh it has been a really looooong and terrible last couple days and nights!!! :((((( Pey and I both got the flu and Kody is still having his terrible teething pain! Then yesterday afternoon I got one of the worst migraines I have ever had! Nothing would help or even take the edge off and I felt so hopelessly helpless way over on the other side of the world! Lots of desperate prayers were sent up and finally in the middle of the night I got Bill to give me an undisclosed amount of medicine and I was finally able to go to sleep or either knocked out not sure which :) Peyton woke me up at 4:30 this morning and I instantly knew my migraine was GONE!! I just laid in bed and cried I was so terrible thankful!! I don't know when the last time was that I had been so miserable. I think the stress of the last 6 weeks and the flu and everything else combined had finally just gotten too much. Kody woke up then also so the three of us went and hung out in the kitchen. I made some ramen noodles some previous guest had left and Pey and I dined on that and also got a WHOLE jar of baby food down Kody!! He was such a happy boy this morning and was so good to see a little glimpse of our old happy Kody again! Gave Kody a bath and then all of our medicine was running out so we all doped up again and headed back to bed. :) Vitali was here at 7:45 to pick up Bill and Kody and they went to American Embassy. Just talked to Vitali and he said they are still waiting to get in at Embassy (appt. was at 9) but a babushka had taken Kody and put him to sleep so they were all good :) When they get done there they will go get Kody's medical examination and then come pick Pey and I up to go back to Embassy and I think get visa. After being sick I'm convinced that that is what Kody had a couple days ago. I kept telling Bill that something else was wrong, that you are not this miserable just cutting teeth. We didn't have a thermometer then, but he was burning up with fever and since Pey has been sick his temp has been 104 and that is on meds around the clock!! That poor little guy has been through it and he can't even talk to us about it :( When I think of how Pey and I went from being so cold and chilled to the bone that our whole bodies shook even with heater on high and the blankets stacked on top and then an hour later so sweating hot that you felt like you couldn't breath and then I think of poor Kody not being able to tell us and us not knowing.... I can hardly stand to think what he must have gone through! :(
Hopefully we are through the worst of it and it will only get better from here!! :)) Just so Bill doesn't get it now right before we get on that looong flight! BTW we got our tickets changed and are coming home a week earlier, leaving 5:45 am Wednesday morning!:) That is IF the Doctor will pass Kody.. surely the flu will be out of his system enough by now. I vividly remember staying an extra week in Russia because Peyton got chicken pox the day before we got him out of orphanage and he wasn't over them far enough by the dr. examination!:(
Thanks for all who said prayers on our behalf! They were very much NEEDED and FELT and ANSWERED!!
Maybe I should add a little of what an awesome husband and daddy I have with me! ;-)
He has done so totally awesome! Kept up with everyone's medicine schedule, took care of a screaming unhappy baby, changed many, many very poopy diapers, went out and bought sprite, rubbed backs, lost sanity, regained sanity, and everything else in between!!! I have been so very thankful that he stepped up and took over and did an awesome job of it! He's proven all over again what a keeper he is! :-)

14 comments:

  1. Oh Steph...this post made me cry!! I can only imagine how awful you must've felt and then to not be at home would make it twice as bad. We WERE over here praying for you and I'm so glad your feeling better! Now if that awesome hubby of yours can just stay well..!!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So thankful that is behind you! I'll never forget the time I had the flu like that - and then to couple it with a new baby and a foreign country, well... my imagination hardly goes there. :( But the sun is surely shining on you again today! And this is the WEEK to come home! Yay! I'm sure you wouldn't mind if the whole congregation was at the airport to meet you. LOLLLLLL. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my!! So glad yall are on the mend!! We will pray Bill doesn't get it!! It's amazing how in times of crisis you can almost wonder if your married to a super man!! LOL!! They can sure step up to a challenge! Will pray Kodys happy self will win the doc over and he'll let you come home! 😊

    ReplyDelete
  4. So very glad you're feeling better!! Isn't it amazing to feel prayers being answered!? And we won't stop praying :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. PTL!! so glad you are feeling better...I've been hurting for you! Can't wait to meet Kody!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey...after having internet issues for a week it's been great to catch up on your news! I totally sympathize with the migraine problem...know what that's like! Congrats on getting Kody all to yourselves and making it thru the flu! Best wishes for good traveling home and we will have to invite ourselves over to meet Kody once you're all settled in back home!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Steph! I'm so glad to hear you all are on the mend! We all won't quit praying for yall til you're back home:) Can't wait to see y'all!

    ReplyDelete
  8. well I have to admit I cried when I read your post:(but I'm so glad that the worst is over, I will keep praying that you'll be well Wednesday morning and be able to get on that flight back to the Goodall USA:)))

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! What a terrible time you've been having! So glad things are looking up! Praying that everyone stays well and you can come home on schedule...

    ReplyDelete
  10. So glad too that you made er thru- Wow! Will pray too that Bill stays up n well and you can come home on time...hope like crazy we get to see you at Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Last thing I did last night before going to sleep was send up another prayer for you all. So glad things are looking up!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh Steph reading about this all reminds me of when we got Scott! Only I wasn't in another country thank goodness!!! I also laid and chilled while the superman changed little newborn brownie batter diapers and held a sobbing baby thru the night!! Aren't they amazing?! :) Must be that these female bodies can't hold up to such high stress levels! Can't wait to see Kody! Hope it's soon! We're praying..

    ReplyDelete
  13. Somehow "His grace reaches me"... even tho we dont understand y we hav to go thru wat we do.. we at least hav Him with us.. so glad ur feeln bettr n God answers r prayers! Gud day to u all tmoro n wer prayin for safe travels wed for u! So anxious to meet mr. kody:)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Praying for y'all that you make it home this week!

    ReplyDelete